Sometimes you have a hard-to-buy-for person on your Christmas list. No wait… usually you have a hard-to-buy-for person on your list.
Candles make great gifts for a number of reasons. Here are thirteen:
- Women and men both enjoy fragrant aromas – hence perfume AND cologne.
- Candles bring a sense of warmth into a place. And who doesn’t need warmth during our Iowa winters?
- Batteries not included, and that’s ok! Most candles don’t need anything more than a flame.
- However, if safer is what you’re looking for, we do have a variety of newer types of candles that run on power.
- Candles are calming. A calming aroma can soothe the heart and relieve tension.
- The sense of smell is highly related to memory. Smells bring back memories.
- Smells can help create new memories too! What tradition do you want to carry on with the help of scents?
- You can match a person’s candle to their favorite food showing them that you really know them.
- Aroma and dim lighting are totally unconscious relaxation mechanisms that go back to when we were able to light a fire in the mouth of a cave and see if it was safe to go inside. Apparently candle relaxation is ingrained in our brains.
- You can add a candle to just about any gift basket and make it better – bath basket, reading basket, cooking basket — you name it, there’s a candle for it.
- If you want the smell without the smoke, you can opt for wax melters.
- If you want the smell without any heat at all, there are reed diffusers.
- Candles make good decor – it’s like two gifts in one!
Do you have any other great reasons candles make great gifts? Please share!
Happy Gifting! – Julie