Last month I blogged about how excited I was for the new trend of using succulents in home decor. I did a quick and easy succulent bowl for my home and shared it with you. I was on a roll though, so I did a few more for the shoppe.
I absolutely love how these turned out, and I hope you’ll be inspired too. The first two use unique glass containers filled with rocks. You may have something similar at home from a previous flower delivery! Just think outside the vase!
The third idea is the product of using something traditional for something unique. This piece that would normally hold votives became home to six baby succulents. This is a great way to use a piece you may not love anymore in a new, fresh way.
Do you have trouble thinking of original ways to use old decor? Try answering these questions to see if you can come up with a new use for an old home decor piece (and maybe fill it with succulents!!!)
- If I turned this piece vertical, horizontal, upside down… what would I have?
- If I spray painted this piece another color, would I like it more?
- If I put this piece inside of another container or put a container inside of this piece, would I be able to use it differently?
- What if I filled this container with something other than water? Sand, pebbles, gel, cotton???
- If I move this piece to another room, what happens to how I think about it? Kitchen, bathroom, basement???
- If this piece is hanging, what would it look like if I took it off the wall, and visa vera?
- If this piece is on the floor, what if I put it up high… say on top of a dresser? What happens then?
- Could this piece be used for something useful rather than just decor?
- If I break this piece down into more than one part, could I use it differently?
- What does my kid think when I ask them what this piece could be used for?
Here are the photos from my productive “think outside the vase” session with succulents. Hope you’re inspired to try something new with your old decor and new succulents! Let me know how it goes!